Who, why and how? All your questions answered
Here are some questions that others have asked about Spa Business Education before saying, “Sign me up!”
What’s the difference between Spa Business Education and other courses?
Spa Business Education is the only comprehensive spa management training course online. You won’t find other programs in which you’ll:
- Receive business management training that is specific to the spa and wellness industry;
- Study curriculum created and taught by top professionals in the spa industry with decades of experience;
- Learn more than academic principles of management by studying real-life scenarios that you’ll encounter as a spa manager;
- Receive ready-to-use business templates, review real-life examples and complete assignments that help you immediately put into practice what you learn in the course;
- Have a personal course mentor with extensive experience in the industry to answer your questions throughout the course and give you feedback on every assignment;
- Get access to an exclusive online community of fellow students, graduates and Raison d’Etre staff, where you can learn, collaborate and find out about spa management job openings around the world;
- AND do all of this from anywhere in the world, at your own pace, with lifetime access to all course materials.
What does the course include?
Here’s what you get when you enroll:
- 7 modules that cover an orientation to the course, marketing and public relations, leadership and strategic planning, finance, human resources, service quality excellence and creating a business plan;
- Your own personal mentor with extensive experience in spa management who will work with you throughout the course;
- Comprehensive training manuals sourced from Raison d’Etre’s and our instructors’ extensive experience in spa development and management;
- Ready-to-use templates that help you immediately put into practice what you learn in the course (templates for a marketing plan, a human capital management plan, a profit and loss statement and more);
- Lifetime access to the Spa Business Education community of current and past students, plus Raison d’Etre staff, where you can ask questions, share your wisdom and be among the first to hear about job openings around the world;
- And once you’ve completed all modules and assignments, your Raison d’Etre Spa Business Education diploma, to prove your high qualifications for spa management roles.
How will it help me get a job as a spa manager?
The benefits of Spa Business Education extend far beyond your graduation.
After you complete the course you’ll receive your Raison d’Etre Spa Business Education diploma, which is recognized around the world as a mark of excellence in spa management training. You’ll want to include Spa Business Education on your CV, and be sure to highlight it to potential employers.
Within the Spa Business Education community you’ll have access to job openings around the world shared by Raison d’Etre staff—and we encourage our alumni to share opportunities, too.
We also invite all graduates to give their CVs to their course mentor. We keep each CV on file at Raison d’Etre for a year and can contact you if we find out about job openings that could be a fit for you.
Can I get extra help during the course?
Yes. After you enroll you’ll be given a personal course mentor for exactly that.
Many of our students have no previous experience with finance, marketing, leadership or other aspects of management that Spa Business Education covers—and that’s perfectly okay! The modules are designed to teach you from the ground up.
And for any questions that still arise, your course mentor is available to provide guidance and feedback along the way.
How much does it cost?
If you pay in one payment, the cost is $2195. Or you can choose to pay four separate monthly installments of $595 each. (All prices USD.)
How do I pay?
To sign up and pay, click here. You’ll then be directed through a simple and secure online payment process, during which you’ll enter your online credit or bank card information.
If you pay in one payment, the cost is $2195 USD, and you’ll be charged automatically.
You can also choose to pay in four separate monthly installments of $595 USD each. With this option you’ll be charged $595 today, and then automatically charged $595 on the same date for the next three months, for a total of four payments.
If you have questions about payments, please send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do I need anything special for my computer to complete the course?
No. You only need:
- A broadband internet connection;
- Access to Microsoft Word, Google Docs or similar; and
- Adobe Reader (or another PDF reader).
English isn’t my first language. Is that a problem?
Not at all. Many of our students don’t speak English as a first language, and we’ve designed the course with that in mind. If you can read through this website and understand the majority of what is discussed in the free sample classes, then you should be just fine in the course itself—even if you need a bit of help from Google Translate.
In Spa Business Education we’ve made sure to communicate in clear English, starting with basic concepts and building from there. And because the course is all online, you can go back and watch lectures or re-read materials at any time.
If you do have trouble understanding certain concepts in English, you can always look for a study buddy in our private Facebook group or ask your personal mentor course for support. We’re here to help you succeed!
Do I need to attend any classes or meetings in person?
No. All of your lectures, materials, coursework and communications for the course are online.
How many hours each week do I need to dedicate to the course?
This is entirely up to you. You set your own pace for the course and decide how quickly you want to graduate.
Some students spend 10 or more hours each week watching the video lectures, reading the materials and completing their assignments. These students typically graduate within four to five months.
Other students spend longer in the course and spend a few hours on their studies each week.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We recommend that students aim to complete the course within four months, so they stay focused and motivated toward a clear goal of graduation in the not-too-distant future.
However, it’s up to you to set your own pace of study, and your course mentor can help you with that. Some students realistically need to space out the modules and assignments over several months, and that works out well for them.
Can I take this course when I’m working full-time?
Yes, you can! Most of our graduates have worked full-time throughout the duration of the course. We purposefully designed Spa Business Education so you can study from anywhere on a schedule that works for you.